Search Engine Optimization
What is Search Engine Optimzation and why do you need it for your website? Simple. Search Engine Optimization is the process of optimizing your website's code for the search engines so that your site ranks higher for a specific term/phrase.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is the process of optimizing your website title tags, meta tags, links, and link structure of your website so that it can appear higher in the top search engines such as Google, Yahoo, and Bing. Most users the main search engines so it is better to focus on the big 3. In fact, Hitwise, a company that monitors internet traffic compiled from ISP networks reported that in April of 2009 Google accounted for 72.9% of internet searches. Yahoo accounted for 16.27% of searches and MSN (Now Bing) accounted for 5.68% of searches.
Our Search Engine Optimization steps
- Keyword Research - perhaps the most important step in search engine optimization, keyword research involves identifying the keyword/keyphrase that people use to find your type of business online. However, it is important to know that there is a balance in which you may choose find that a certain word is more competitive and thus it may be tougher to attain first page ranking on search engines for that word. Sometimes it is best to use a keyword/phrase that is not as competitive with other businesses but still has a high usage with users. For example: you may own a car dealership in Ft Lauderdale, Florida in the Coral Springs area. The term "Car dealership" puts your business in competition with dealerships nationwide. In all likelihood you're looking for customers in the area. Therefore, it is best to optimize your website for search term "Ft Lauderdale car dealership" and/or "Coral Springs car dearlership".
- Setting Goals - After deciding on keyword(s)/phrase(s) for your site we then analyze your current position in the search engines so we have a starting point and we can set a goal for your website. The starting point is important to help us see how your site is ranking on a week to week and month to month basis.
- Optimizing Web Page Content - One of the most important things involved in Search Engine Optimization of a website is optimizing the website with the keyword(s)/keyphrases(s) that we already identified. In addition, SEO also consists of optimizing the website title tags, meta tags, meta descriptions for each page, alt tags, and making sure the website uses maily text content and minimizing the use of images that contain text.
- Link Building - Link building consists of building relationships with other sites, preferrably related businesses, and agreeing to have them place a link on their site. Every website that links to your site increases the search engine ranking for your website. This is referred to as Link Popularity.
- SEO analysis - after the website is live/updated and optimized we analyze the website at regular intervals, usually once a month to see how the website is performing in the search engines. Sometimes you may see better results in a certain search engine. For example, we have seen clients land on page 1 of Google and land on page 2 of Yahoo.
- One thing to keep in mind - some companies may claim Guaranteed #1 placement on Google or Search Engine Optimization page 1 guaranteed placement. No one can guarantee a time frame for first page placement. It is all up to the search engines to determine when you move up the rankings. Websites with higer PR (PageRank) ratings tend to get ranked higher and given priority over other sites because a) they're established online and b) because they have alot of relevant incoming links. Most websites can see results in as little as a week or as much as a few weeks. Depending on how steep the competition is you could be waiting as long as 6 months to get first page placement. If you are looking for more immediate results you may want to try a PPC (Pay Per Click) campaign such as Google Adwords while you wait for your site to climb up the organic search rankings.